Tuesday, July 14, 2009

OUTDOORS; A LITTLE ABOUT FRANK

I'm going to try to introduce my self, I love to hunt and fish and be OUTDOORS. I was Born in Michigan and live there for many years. We moved to Alabama in 1997 and have lived here since then. I've been driving a big truck for most of my life and have missed a lot of the growing up of our boys.

So the beginning of this year I decided to try to work from home and since I missed so much of our children growing up maybe I can make some of that up with them and the grandchildren.

I'm really new at this computer so bear with me. I started this blog a couple of weeks ago and until then I'd never even heard of a blog and I'm open to any advise your willing to share. I really enjoy the posts I read on some of the other blogs.

I'm looking forward to hunting season this year and sharing some new experiences with the fellow bloggers.

1st Al. BUCK: Two years ago I was sitting under a nice cedar tree that drapes down to the ground and it was the first time I've ever used a doe call. I had been sitting in that spot a lot that season and I just kept using that doe call.

Finally on Nov. 8th, I was using that doe call and I heard something I had never heard before except on TV and I thought what the heck was that, then I realized it was a buck grunt. I called again and waited about a minute and a beautiful 8 point buck stepped out of the woods, head high and was sniffing the air looking for that doe.

That made a believer out of me and the way that doe call works. I thought I was going to jump out of my skin. The buck walked over by the pond, and then he walked across a opening about 45 or 50 yards away.

I was shaking so bad I could hardly draw my bow, I got a good bead on him, and remember I'm sitting on the ground so getting a good position for a shot is kind of difficult, but the buck stopped and looked right at me.

That made me more nervous, but I already had a good bead on him so I touched my release and the arrow found it's mark and that was the first buck I shot in Alabama, and man was he tasty.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome story for sure.

    As far as help, fire away with any questions you might encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need all the information I can get about links and how to make this as a reply instead of a comment, HELP!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Frank - Thanks for visitng and joining my blog over at Idaho Fishing Notebook. You are off to a great start with your blog and I look forward to more of your posts.

    As far as for help, all of the bloggers from the OBS certainly are a great resource for help.

    I think your "reply" is just fine as a comment. I try to comment back to folks who have left comments on my blog on a regular basis. Your right where you need to be there!

    As far as linking with other bloggers, you can add a blog list or blogroll right from your Blogger Dashboard. You simply need to enter the the blog web address to your list of links and they should show up as blog links on your blog sidebar. For example here is my address:
    http://idahofishingnotebook.blogspot.com

    Hope you get your blog links going.
    I am adding yours to my blog list today.

    ReplyDelete